Tuesday, September 23, 2008

No Place Like Home

Being a new home owner has been an interesting expereince. One of the first things that was interesting was how long it took for my condo to feel like home. For the longest time, I would refer to it as my place, but never home. Eventually that changed and I refer to it as home.

Today I was thinking about the things that made it felt like home. The first was the day I came home and found a new phone book sitting on my door mat. I am not really sure why this made my place feel like home but did it. My guess is that, I was remember coming home from school or work, and finding the phone book on the porch and sorta being excited.

Another thing that has always been a part of home life is receiving random things on your door step. In particular cookies. This as not actually happend but I for some reason always hope that, when I wake up in the morning to get the paper or when I get home from work, I am going to find a plate of cookie (or brownies) at my door.

No comments: