Monday, May 19, 2008

Goal 32

Sing a Solo in Church:

This goal is probably going to become a reality. Thanks to a brilliant move by one Jason D. who arranged with Julie R. to give me a solo the next time the ward choir sings in sacrament meeting. This may be the goal that I am most terrified to complete. I am OK with giving a talk in church and anywhere else for that fact. I think I am OK with it because I am confident that I can do it, but to sing is another issue all together. I know I can't sing and am fearful that is experiement will fail, much like the Shaq trade to the Phoenix Sun. Even thinking about the propisiton to sing in a church sacrament scares me to death. It might be because of my insecruites or just fear of the unknown but this may be the most difficult thing I have ever thought about trying.

I am hoping that the support of my friends will allow me to accomplish this goal (I belive this is the hardest of my goals), I know I have many accomplished singing friends who have a great talent to sing, and admittedly I am jealous of this talent. I know I usually make fun of those people and call them music elitistists (there may be some truth to that) but I do have a great apprecation for what they do know. It may this sudden realization that fear is about wack me aross the face with a flying nerf ball of death and destruction. I would now like to reach out to my musically gifted friends and ask for your support and help. Any tips you can give me would be greatly appreciated and I hope that with all of your support I can accomplish this.

No comments: